Lesmotsique - The Artist of Words

SHORT STORIES
SONGS
powered by

My Blog

About Crabs

This is yours truly.

So thrilled you've decided to click into my blog! And you know what? ... I have a lot of catching up to do, and I’m hoping these pages will allow me to do just that.

First off, I’d like to invite your reading of the words to an old poem. It’s one that, despite its longevity, still bears some relevance today. It's titled, About Crabs.

Now, listen up to what I’m about to say.
I’m going to talk to y’all about some crabs today.
Not the kind you’d find in the Chesapeake Bay.
These, you’d encounter in life along the way.

These crabs harbor jealousy when another reaches the top.
They will claw you down. They will nail you to a stop.
The reason why is not hard to see:
Metaphorically, it’s their taste; that is, their destiny,

You see, a crab doesn’t want another to succeed.
It’s a genetic disposition, one on which they feed.
Some crabs venture, claw their way to the top of the heap,
To move forward in life or escape the company they keep.

They’re most determined in their effort to improve their existence.
They want something different, more than mere subsistence.
But the others, you see, don’t want them even to start.
They prefer all crabs to stay in the dark.

But like the crabs we relish, along with cold beer,
These crabs bite and claw in fear.
Unlike the crabs smothered under the top of a pot,
When they’re spiked and spiced till steaming hot,

These crabs deceive us with their cunning disguise.
They’re vicious and cruel, masters of despise.
Many are darn lazy. Their ambition is dry.
They don’t want to change, yet condemn those who try.

I tell you, my friend, it’s a sad sight to see:
The struggle of the crab that wants to be free.
These clawing creatures pulling down one another
Are scavengers who’d harm their very own mother.

But the lone crab that’s brave enough to venture
Across the threshold of success, despite the odds and the censure,
Is the crab to encourage, to welcome with praise.
Such a crab epitomizes how crabs should be raised.

I hope you understand my talk about crabs.
Now that I’m finish another subject is up for grabs.

Kudo Vonnie aka Lesmotsique at Freelanced.com

9 Comments to About Crabs:

Comments RSS
Atiya on Monday, April 01, 2013 12:37 PM
Love it! There is a deeper message many should see. SMILE. Please keep writing. SMILE. Powerful message.
Reply to comment

Lesmotsique on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:41 AM
Atiya, thank you so very much for your input. You are a wonderful person whose work I also appreciate. Actually, I had finished my commentary, a little while back. I was just late in posting it. But just to let you know, I'm happy to give you your kudos for being the first guest to weigh in on this. BRAVO and a YOU GO GIRL!!!

bag manufacturer china on Friday, May 17, 2013 8:15 AM
Someone essentially lend a hand to make significantly articles I'd state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this particular submit incredible. Great task!
Reply to comment

Lesmotsique on Friday, May 17, 2013 3:26 PM
What an honor to receive such support from China. It is a wonderful feeling to know that my work resonates beyond the shores of the U.S. Your kind and encouraging words are signs to me that my work is not in vain. Thank you from the depths of my heart. You have truly made my day!
Reply to comment

tibet vacations on Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:27 AM
Spot on with this write-up, I actually suppose this website needs much more consideration. I'll in all probability be again to learn much more, thanks for that info.
Reply to comment

batemanbeijingaxis on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:52 PM
Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Firefox. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. Many thanks
Reply to comment

Steven on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:00 AM
This story very much bears relevance today. Are you the author?
Reply to comment

Lesmotsique on Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:10 PM
Yes, I am. Yours truly.

Lesmotsique on Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up, but the problem is not coming not from my end, but rather from those who are using this site solely for advertising their goods and services, which is not the intended purpose. Comments must relate to the topic at hand.
Reply to comment